Field Trip Information
Our field trip options support the Illinois Learning Standards (solving problems, communicating, using technology, working on teams, and making connections).
We will start with a group discussion on the topic of your choice. After the discussion, we will break into smaller groups of 5-8 students with one chaperone. There will be an age-appropriate activity for the topic that is chosen. Next, a tour of the small maze is included. Lastly, the student will go home with a small pumpkin or gourd as a token of the trip.
Agriculture affects everyone’s life. We look forward to meeting with young students to educate them on agricultural awareness.
Suggested topics include
- Let’s talk about crops grown in DeKalb County
- Understanding our natural resources and how to protect them
- How to grow a pumpkin
- How to make a corn maze
- $5.00 per participant (educator is free)
- Payment should be either cash or check for the entire group
- Field trips may be scheduled Monday – Thursdays
- Field trip experience will last 1-1 ½ hours
- A limited number of transportation grants may be available thru the DeKalb County Farm Bureau. For more information contact:
- Picnic tables are available for snacks or sack lunches
For more information please contact Dean Johnson at 815-895-3752 or firstname.lastname@example.org